The University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships (formerly known as Countries in Crisis Scholarships) are given out to students from war-stricken countries to study for Masters at the University of Bradford.
Eligible Countries: See Below
To be taken at (country): University of Bradford, UK
Offered Since: 2015
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Burundi, Burma/Myanmar, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo (Peoples Republic), Congo, Democratic Republic, Djibouti, Timor Leste (East Timor), Egypt, United Arab Republic of Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Kenya, Korea (North), Democratic Peoples Republic of Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar – Malagasy Republic, Malawi, Maldive Islands, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine -West Bank – Gaza Strip inc E Jerusa, Russian Federation, Sierra Leone, Somali Democratic Republic, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, United Republic of Uganda, Yemen, Republic of, Zambia, Zimbabwe
*Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
Eligibility: Please read all the requirements carefully:
- These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are from a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
- The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- You must send proof of your results with your application form. Any evidence sent after your application will not be accepted.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
- You must now already have the required English qualifications to be able to study your chosen course, we will not be able to consider your application unless you meet these requirements. Details of the qualifications we accept can be found on our website. Please note that we also accept the WAEC qualification at a grade C6 or higher for students from certain African countries.
Selection Process: The Scholarship panel will consider applications in June.
Candidates who are successful will be asked to submit a programme application to the University and provide proof of their qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. Candidates will then need to secure a Visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Program: Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000. The scholarship will cover full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green plus £4,200 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply: You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply. Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses. To apply, you must submit the online application form by 15 May 2017.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Award Provider: University of Bradford
Important Notes: Only successful students will be notified of the outcome. If you have not heard from us by 30 June then your application has not been successful.
Application Deadline: 15th May 2017.