Applications are open for the Advanced Automotive Analytics PhD Scholarship at University of Bradford. The University of Bradford’s Advanced Automotive Analytics (AAA) Research Institute is an interdisciplinary research unit in the University of Bradford’s Automotive Research Centre, building on research expertise and track record of researchers in Automotive Engineering and Computer Science in automotive reliability and systems engineering modelling and big data, data science and machine learning. Their research focuses on big data collected from across the product lifecycle to support the development of enhanced models and modelling techniques for the management of reliability and design of automotive engineering systems.
This competitive industry-sponsored 3-year PhD scholarship is for a research student to join their dynamic and motivated research team, to train and contribute to the research expertise on computational models and analytics with applications to Big Data projects in Advanced Powertrain Reliability R&D. The main areas of research cover:
- Data analytics, patterns and modelling for engineering applications
- Design, development, formal description and modelling of machine learning techniques, particularly Bayesian statistical methods, for engineering data analysis
- Big Data, Internet of Things, expert systems solutions for engineering applications
- The full time scholarship includes £16,000 plus tuition fees, equipment and travel support for the programme of studies for a period of three years, and support for attending relevant specialist training, summer schools, industrial placement with the project sponsor, as well as international conference participation.
- The successful candidate will have a first class degree in a relevant topic (such as Engineering, Controls, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Statistics or similar) and will demonstrate knowledge and interest in application of Big Data Science, Data Analytics, Machine Learning to engineering data resources and cyber-physical systems applications;
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving, multi-disciplinary project experience and programming skills are desirable;
- This scholarship is available for Home/EU students only.
To apply please email your CV with a cover letter to Elena Nanneli via email@example.com
For informal enquiries please email Professor Felician Campean via firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Daniel Neagu email@example.com
Promising candidates will be invited for an interview early in June 2017.
Deadline: June 30, 2017
For more information, visit AAA PhD Scholarship at University of Bradford.