The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The current amount for Rome is around $860.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months in Business, Political Science or Marketing/Communications;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English and French;
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;Good to have:
- Work experience. Experience as an intern in a management/strategy consultancy or the marketing/ sustainability department of a company would be a plus;
- Knowledge of the social enterprise world and public-private partnership building would be a plus.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
Apply online through given website.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2017