Entries are currently ongoing for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Accelerator. WFP’s Innovation Accelerator identifies, nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. The World Food Programme (WFP) is inspiring and supporting new ideas, tools and solutions that make sure no one goes hungry. They support WFP intrapreneurs and external start-ups and companies from their home in Munich, Germany, through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
The Accelerator believes the way forward in the fight against hunger is not necessarily in building grand plans, but identifying and testing solutions in an agile way. It is a space where the world can find out what works and what doesn’t in addressing hunger – a place where we can be bold, and fail as well as succeed.
Does your company have the potential to solve hunger? Apply to the WFP Innovation Accelerator and receive up to 100,000 USD in funding, mentorship from industry experts and access to the world’s largest humanitarian organisation.
Innovation projects supported by the Accelerator receive
- Financial support worth USD 50-100,000
- Three- to six-month sprint in Munich, Germany that helps projects and start-ups reach proof of concept, develop prototypes ready for implementation, and/or scale
- Hands-on support
- Strategic guidance
- Space to bring their idea to life from the Munich-based Accelerator
- Access to a WFP’s global network of experts and partners.
- Open to high-potential social enterprises or social impact startups
- Your company should have the potential to solve hunger
Complete the online application form.
For more information, visit WFP Innovation Accelerator.
Deadline: August 21, 2017