Are you a young scientist from any of the developing nations?Then this program is primarily for you, hurry now and apply for the UNESSCO MAB Young Scientists Awards for Developing Countries’ Scientists 2018. APplicants are reminded that the eligibility criteria is worthy of note.
NESCO MAB Young Scientists Awards: helping young people help the planetSince 1989 MAB has been providing young researchers each year with awards of up to US$ 5,000 in support of their research on ecosystems, natural resources and biodiversity. Through the MAB Young Scientists Awards, MAB is investing in a new generation of scientists worldwide because we think well-trained and committed young people are key to addressing ecological and sustainability issues.
Institution: UNESSCO MAB
Countries: Developing Countries
The following criteria are used in the selection of MAB Young Scientists Awards:
- To be eligible, award applications must be made on the MAB Young Scientists Award application form (in English or French) and follow-up technical requirements stated there. The application must be endorsed by the applicant’s MAB National Committee*, which may endorse only two applications per year from applicants who are not older than 35 years of age (at the closing date of the application).
- Applications must contain concise information on past and existing research in areas concerned in order to present linkages and avoid duplications and financing of projects already carried-out.
- Priority is given to interdisciplinary projects carried out in biosphere reserves designated under the Man and the Biosphere Programme or potential biosphere reserves and which contribute to the implementation of the LAP and the SDGs. In this regard, applicants shall identify in their applications if and how their research contributes to the research-related actions of the LAP and to the SDGs.
- Applicants from developed countries are eligible for Awards only in exceptional cases or if working in joint partnership with developing countries.
- Awards are set at a maximum of US$5,000 each.
- Research supported by an Award should be completed within two years.
- Candidates must accept to submit reports of Award-funded research to the MAB Secretariat in Paris and to their MAB National Committees*, and agree to the possibility of UNESCO publishing the results of their research.
- International travel expenses are usually not covered under these Awards.
* For the countries in which a MAB National Committee does not exist or is not fully operational, the National Commission for UNESCO will ensure the selection of candidates according to the above criteria.
How to Apply
How to apply for MAB Young Scientists Awards
Application forms for 2018 MAB Young Scientists Awards Scheme available here:
Note that applications must be received by UNESCO no later than 15 December 2017 to be eligible.
Application forms for MAB Young Scientists Award are available from: MAB Secretariat, Division of Ecological and Earth Sciences, UNESCO,7 Place de Fontenoy, 75352 Paris SP 07, France mab.awards(at)unesco.org
Application Deadline: 15 December 2017
For More Information: