Applications are now been accepted for the Summer Research Scholarships for Undergraduate Students in Australia and the 2017/2018 round of applications will open mid-August 2017. Applications close 21 September 2017.This scholarship program is hosted in the university of Sydney in Australia for undergraduate studies, Applicants are to comply with the eligibility criteria.
‣ Summer Research Scholarships offer a unique opportunity for students to obtain experience in medical-related research and provide a fantastic insight into the research process. The scholarships offer students the experience of working with well-established researchers in high quality medical research facilities.
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Research in Medical Fields( Scholarships are provided to obtain experience in medical-related research the University of Sydney in Australia)
Deadline: 21 September 2017.
Funded By: University of Sydney
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Summer Research Scholarships are targeted for International students (if: they are currently enrolled and studying full-time in an undergraduate degree at an Australian University and they hold an appropriate and valid Australian visa to cover the scholarship period).
‣ Award No: 60 scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships are available to undertake a research project over a period of eight weeks.
‣ Scholarship covers:
To avail Summer Research Scholarships, candidates must full fill the following requirements:
‣ The scholarships are open to students currently enrolled full-time at the University in an undergraduate degree.
‣ Students currently enrolled in Sydney Medical School Medical Program can also apply.
‣ Students currently in a Masters or PhD program, or who have been awarded a Masters or PhD degree are ineligible to apply.
‣ International students are eligible to apply if: 1/ they are currently enrolled and studying full-time in an undergraduate degree at an Australian University and 2/they hold an appropriate and valid Australian visa to cover the scholarship period;
‣ Successful students from universities other than the University of Sydney will need to supply copies of certificates of currency for insurance and liability.
‣ These should be available from your home university.
‣ Applicants for scholarships have been enrolled across the University sector but the majority of successful applications generally come from the following undergraduate degrees: Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Liberal Studies, and MBBS.
‣ Students awarded a Sydney Medical School Summer Research scholarships previously are welcome to apply for another scholarship this year, pending eligibility criteria.
‣ Students must be available for a full 8 weeks, taking into account the 2 week University close-down period over Christmas/ New Year.
Who can apply?
- The scholarships are open to students currently enrolled full-time at an Australian University in an undergraduate degree or professional doctorate; including students enrolled in an MD program at the University of Sydney or other Australian University.
- Students currently in a Masters or PhD program, or who have been awarded a Masters or PhD degree are ineligible to apply.
- International students are eligible to apply if:
- 1. They are currently enrolled and studying full-time in an undergraduate or professional degree at an Australian University on an Australian Campus
2. They hold an appropriate and valid Australian visa to cover the scholarship period
Successful students from universities other than University of Sydney will need to supply copies of certificates of currency for insurance and liability. These should be available from your home university.
‣ As each project is assessed individually it is a lengthy process.
‣ Assessment begins late September through to early December.
‣ Successful applicants are notified as soon as we have an outcome.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply for a Summer Research Scholarship, interested students should review the proposed projects and determine which ones they would like to apply for. On the application form you can nominate three (3) project preferences and if you wish you can ask to be considered for other projects if your are not successful in your first three choices.
Online Application Form available here (applications for 2016 have closed, the 2017/18 round will open mid-August 2017).
Students will be asked to fill out an online application. To complete the application you will be required to upload the following:
- a one page cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and your interests in research
- your academic record (including certified academic transcript for current degree)
- your CV (A summary of your work experience and other relevant activities)
Applications may be saved and resumed at any time until September 21.
Academic Referees reports are also required. Students fill in section A- their details and then provide to the supervisor either on paper or electronically. Supervisors complete section B.
Referees email the completed form directly to email@example.com, it is not returned to the student
Academic Referees Report- Referee’s Report Form
Applications are not complete until all documents, including the academic referee’s report, have been received.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 21 September 2017.