Last updated on August 4th, 2017 at 09:26 am
The Maynooth University is inviting applications for Sports Scholarship programme for the undergraduate and postgraduate programme in Ireland. The scholarship is available for International students to pursue their studies in Ireland.
This scholarship aims to assist high achieving and highly motivated all students who have been offered an undergraduate and postgraduate programme at a Maynooth University.
The National University of Ireland, Maynooth is a constituent university of the National University of Ireland in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. It is Ireland’s youngest university. In 2016 the university awarded over 40 1st year sports scholarships.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate Programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the subject offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover funding assists students with sports and university-related expenses (e.g. sporting equipment, travel costs associated with sport) and aims to free up time from part-time work commitments. The scholarship programmes include access to such supports as:
- Concession of up to 60 CAO points if required – scholars must meet minimum entry requirements for their chosen degree. Other minimum requirements apply. Click here for details of all entry requirements.Priority on-campus accommodation in the first year (allocation at discretion of Development Officers)
- Access to expert coaching and fitness training
- Sports psychology and time management workshops
- Health and nutrition advice
- Performance analysis
- Financial bursary
- Ongoing academic support
- Goal setting, performance planning, and career advice
- Individual functional health screening leading to fitness, strength and conditioning programmes
- Access to top level coaches and playing facilities
- Free gym membership
- Access to cardiovascular fitness suite and free weights gym
- Medical and physiotherapy support
- Fitness testing and analysis
Number of scholarship: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the Ireland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- All applicants are required to meet the normal matriculation requirements and any special course requirements.
- May receive up to 60 CAO points for admission to Maynooth University
- All applicants are expected to have attained at least 300 points in their best six Leaving Certificate subjects. Postgraduate applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Scholarships are reserved for students who have reached, or have the potential to reach a very high level of performance, competing at one or a combination of the international, national, interprovincial and inter-county level.
Nationality: International students can apply for this Scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online mode.
- Applicants can save and return to your application as often as you like
- Applicants will need their CAO number to complete and submit your application on our system. Your application for a Sports Scholarship at Maynooth University is separate to application to the CAO – ensure you apply to the CAO in the normal way.
- If applicants are successful in your Sports Scholarship application, University will inform the CAO and they will make you an offer for your preferred Maynooth University course in August (providing you meet all minimum entry requirements for your course)
- Applicants will be required to submit two sporting references from your coach, club, school and/or national governing body (if applicable).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April Annually