SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is invitinga youth-led organizations from select countries to submit project proposals to the Youth Solidarity Fund (YSF).
YSF supports youth-led organizations that promotes peaceful and inclusive societies by providing direct funding to outstanding projects promoting intercultural and interfaith dialogue and advancing the mission of UNAOC. Organizations led by youth (18-35 years old) from select countries are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: February 5th
It awards grants (up to USD 25,000) to selected projects that demonstrate innovative approaches to intercultural or interfaith dialogue and advance the mission of UNAOC.
Eligibility criteria for youth organizations:
Youth organizations are subject to the same criteria as other partners of the United Nations System in that they must be accountable, transparent and refrain from all discriminatory practices.
To be eligible, applying youth organizations need to fulfill each and every one of the following criteria:
- Be a membership-based youth-led organization;
- Be youth-led: a majority of the positions and decision-making roles within the organization are held by women and men between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Be a non-governmental organization (with the exception of national youth councils) registered in the country of operation as a charity, trust, foundation or association;
- Be officially registered and operational for a minimum of 2 years at the time of the application with funding base and project implementation (e.g. registered in January 2015 or earlier);
- Be registered and operate in one of the aforementioned countries;
- Have a democratic governance structure, leadership nomination and consultative processes in formulating priorities and policies with members;
- Have an ability to demonstrate proper and consistent monitoring, evaluation and record-keeping of their activities, including project evaluation reports and financial accounts;
- Have a gender perspective/balance reflected in their staff, membership and activities;
- Have no adherence to or affiliations with violent ideologies or antagonism against any particular country, culture, religion or belief system, ethnic group, gender, etc.;
- Did not receive funding under past editions of YSF or did not receive the UNAOC-BMW Intercultural Innovation Award.
Please consult the application guidelines to verify country eligibility”. http://www.unaoc.org/what-we-do/grants-and-competitions/youth-solidarity-fund/youth-solidarity-fund-application-guidelines/
Note: If you applied to YSF in the past, but were not selected, you can apply to YSF again.
Upon request, organizations will need to provide documented evidence of how they fulfill all of these criteria.
Please note that project proposals will not be considered eligible for funding if they are submitted by: governments, international governmental organizations, non-youth led organizations, unregistered groups of youth, business entities, as well as individuals.
Eligibility criteria for projects:
All submitted projects must fulfill each and every one of the following criteria to be deemed eligible and be reviewed by the Selection Committee:
- Origin: The project was developed and written by youth;
- Target Audience: The project targets primarily youth. Gender balance among project participants is ensured;
- Objective: The project contributes to advancing the UNAOC mandate of promoting a more socially inclusive world, by building mutual respect among peoples of different cultural and religious identities;
- Management: The project is managed by a youth-led organization, responding to all eligibility criteria mentioned above;
- Project Coordinator: The Project Coordinator is an employee of the applying organization and is between the ages of 18 and 35 at the moment of the application;
- Duration and Timing: The project must be implemented during April-October 2017 period, while final reports will need to be submitted by October 31, 2017 at the very latest;
- Location: Project activities are implemented in the country (ies) mentioned in the above list (see geographical coverage section;
- Budget: The organization needs to guarantee its capacity to implement all elements of the proposed project with the funds requested. Grants provided by UNAOC will not exceed USD 25,000. The proposed budget will have 90% of costs associated with direct project activities and only up to 10% of it will cover Project Coordinator’s salary/fees. Office rent cost, utilities and purchase of technical equipment (e.g. computers, copiers, printers, cameras, telephones, etc.) cannot be part of the budget;
- English: Application and CV/resume of the Project Coordinator must be in English only;
- Registration certificate and statute: A copy of a registration certificate and a statute need to be attached to the application form. They can be submitted in original language of a country, where the organization is registered.
Interested organizations can apply at the following link: http://apply.unaoc.org/
In order to be considered complete and valid, the application package must include the following and be submitted through the online application system available at http://apply.unaoc.org/
- The application form, completed and certified by the applicant organization;
- A copy of the registration certificate of the applicant organization;
- A copy of the statutes/by-laws of the applicant organization;
- The resume/CV of the project coordinator (2 pages maximum);
- A picture or scan of the project coordinator’s passport identification page. If the project coordinator does not have an international passport, upload his or her national identification card.
Word/character limit for each question in the application form needs to be respected. The application system automatically counts words and characters.
Technical FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions for technical matters | Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
you can also visit the official page