SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
University College London (UCL) and United World Colleges (UWC) with International Student House (ISH), has formed a league with a scheme to enable graduates of UWC, who are financially unable to study in the UK, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at UCL.
Application Deadline: 10th February, 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University College London (UCL), UK
Eligible Field of Study: courses offered at UCL
About the Award: With this scheme UCL supports the aims of UWC to make education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. Two bursaries are available annually for UWC-nominated students who have firmly accepted their UCL admissions offer.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- be a final-year IB Diploma student attending a United World College (or completed their studies in the preceding calendar year – candidates from Waterford Kamhlaba UWC only);
- apply for admission through UCAS by 15 January 2017 for a full-time undergraduate degree programme of study at UCL and firmly accept your UCL offer;
- be assessed as paying overseas tuition fees, and
- lack the financial means necessary to pursue undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
Selection Criteria: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial hardship and academic merit, based on the aims of the bursary.
Number of Awardees: Two
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships will consist of:
- full tuition fees;
- maintenance allowance of £7,000 per year, for three years (consideration could be made for four-year programme – you must state this in your scholarship application);
- free accommodation in a standard of twin room at International Student House for up to three years (40 weeks contact per year) with the possibility of an extension into the fourth year where required;
- reinbursement of Tier 4 Visa application costs;
- international economy air travel to/from the UK (with reasonable baggage costs) at the beginning and end of the award holders degree programme.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of the student’s programme of study.
How to Apply
You must apply for admission to UCL to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Award Provider: University College London (UCL), International Student House and United World Colleges (UWC)
Important Notes: Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for funding. Your application is deemed incomplete without a valid UCAS application number. Each UWC Guidance Counselor/University Advisor will forward the three applications to UCL Student Funding Office out of which two students will be chosen.
Successful applicants and reserve candidates can expect to be notified by UCL by mid/late May.