Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Tanzania
To be taken at (country): Tanzania
About the Award: DFID is a UK government department which leads the UK’s work to end extreme poverty. We’re ending the need for aid by creating jobs, unlocking the potential of girls and women and helping to save lives when humanitarian emergencies hit.
The internship placement will include supporting your colleagues to deliver their day-to-day work, as well as leading a project or initiative of your own choosing, in agreement with your line manager. The purpose of the internship is to develop skills and experience that you can use in the wide variety of fields in their future career, including gaining a better understanding of working in an international environment. The position also offers the opportunity to develop skills in communication, participating in projects and working with others.
The successful candidates will support DFID Tanzania in delivering development activities across an exciting and diverse portfolio, delivered by four teams:
- Human Investment Team: including education, health, water, family planning, nutrition and social protection
- Sustainable Growth Team: including agriculture, infrastructure, job creation, access to finance and trade
- Governance team: including civil society, anti-corruption, elections and human rights Strategy, Delivery and Results: including public financial management, tax and statistics
Eligibility: This opportunity is only open to Tanzanian nationals or applicants who are currently residing in Tanzania and have the legal right to work and live in Tanzania for the duration of this contract.
- Fluency in English and Swahili (reading, writing and speaking)
- Passion for development
- Good IT skills, in particular the MS Office package
- Motivated, pro-active, willing to learn and develop
Value of Internship: The successful intern will receive a monthly allowance of TZS 1,000,000.
Duration of Internship: 6 months
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a one page CV, latest academic results and a one page statement outlining why you are interested in the position and how you are a suitable candidate for the internship by email to AfricaHrHubRecruit@dfid.gov.uk with the subject line “Internship Opportunity – Tanzania”. Failure to comply with this procedure might lead to your application not being viewed.
Application Deadline: 12 noon on 13th February, 2017
Award Provider: UK Department for International Development (DFID)