TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Applications are now available scholars from Developing Countries in Pakistan ,and submission continues till 31st August each year. Hurry and apply!!
School(Institutions/ Country): at the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences(ICCBS)-Comprising the H.E.J Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi , Pakistan
Level: Postdoctoral Degree
Field(s): organic chemistry, biochemistry,biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology or physical chemistry at the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences(ICCBS)-Comprising the H.E.J Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi , Pakistan
Deadline: 31st August each year.
Funded By: TWAS-ICCBS
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for students from Developing Countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania,
|Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte D’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay except Pakistan).|
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship are for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS)– comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research.
‣ Scholarship covers: ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Obtaining suitable health insurance is the candidate’s own responsibility and will be at his/her own expense. International travel (return economy class by the shortest route) and visa expenses will be covered by TWAS.
‣ TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship is tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) – comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research – for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
‣ ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
Have what it takes to avail TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship ?
‣ Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
‣ be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the year of application;
‣ hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
‣ be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
‣ must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
‣ be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
‣ provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
‣ provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of department at ICCBS (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS, Prof. M. I. Choudhary (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and two recommendation letters;
‣ provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
‣ provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
‣ not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
‣ The language of instruction is English.
Scholarship Application Method
|‣ The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 August each year.|
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED. The subject line must contain ICCBS/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Applications can only be accepted via the online portal using the apply now button at the bottom of this page.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240314
Fax: +39 040 2240689
• International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS)
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary, Director
University of Karachi
Tel: +92 21 4824 924, 4824 925
Fax: +92 21 4819 018, 4819 019
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com