The Turkish Government is offering Türkiye Scholarships for International Students from any country to study for Master’s and Doctorate degrees. Carefully study the eligibility criteria to apply immediately
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: citizens of any country other than Turkey
To be taken at (Universities): Turkish Universities
Eligible Field of Study: Courses offered at the universities
About Scholarship: Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and programme among their preferences specified in the online application form. Candidates can apply only one scholarship programme in accordance with their educational background and academic goals.
Type: Postgraduate degrees
Eligibility: To be eligible for Postgraduate Programmes, applicants must;
- be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply)
- not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying.
- be a bachelor’s or master’s degree holder by 30th of July 2015 at the latest
- born no earlier than 01.01.1987 for master’s programmes,
- born no earlier than 01.01.1982 for doctorate programmes,
- have at least 75 % cumulative grade point average or diploma grade over their maximum graduation grade or have at least 75 % success in any accepted national or international graduate admissions test.
- be in good health
- Online application
- A copy of a bachelor or master’s diploma or document indicating that the candidate is bachelor or master’s senior student
- A certified bachelor and/or master’s transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate)
- A copy of a valid ID card (passport, national ID, birth certificate etc.)
- Passport photo
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship: The Scholarship Covers:
- Monthly stipend (600 TL for undergraduate, 850 TL for master and 1.200 TL for PhD )
- Full tuition fee
- 1-year Turkish language course
- Free accommodation
- Round-trip air ticket
- Health insurance
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
How to Apply: The application to Türkiye Scholarships programmes is online and a totally free process. Applications delivered by hand or post will not be evaluated.
Candidates are expected to:
- Open the online application system (tbbs.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr) LINK BELOW,
- Create a user account by entering their e-mail address and password,
- Log into the system and complete the application form,
- Upload the requested documents to the system,
And finally complete their application.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Scholarship Provider: Turkish Government
Important Notes: Most programmes in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programmes in English, French or Arabic. The candidates who want to study in these languages need to have an internationally recognized certificate to prove their language proficiency.