Wal-Mart foundation supports programs designed to promote opportunity, sustainability, and community. Special emphasis is directed toward hunger relief and healthy eating; sustainability; women’s economic empowerment; and career opportunity.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue graduate programme.
Study Subject: The scholarships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship will cover the following:
- Applicants will receive a campus mentor and a one-year merit scholarship of up to $6,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks purchased from member-schools. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be a first-generation college student.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a graduating high-school senior/incoming college freshman.
- Be accepted to and prepared to attend one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools.
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher in high school.
- Be recommended by a high school counselor.
- Have demonstrated financial need through the completion of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures.
Nationality: Applicants of United States is eligible for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be a graduating high-school senior/incoming college freshman.
How to apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Resume (include community service, leadership and employment/internship experience).
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA).
- Current high school transcript (unofficial or official, GPA must show on transcript).
- Recommendation from current high school counselor or faculty member.
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question:
- What does it mean to be the first person in your family to receive a college degree? What impact would this scholarship have on your education?
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 4, 2017.