TISO Foundation has organized Tertiary Bursary Programme for South African Students. The bursary is available to pursue tertiary education.
The aim of the bursary is to promote equity in the workplace by supporting strong black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications.
The Tiso Foundation was one of the principal and founding shareholders of the Tiso Group (Pty) Ltd (Tiso Group), an investment holding company.
Course Level: The bursary is available to pursue tertiary education.
Study Subject: The bursary is open to all fields of studies offered at a registered University or the University of Technology in South Africa.
Scholarship Award: The bursary will cover the following;
- Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion, the Foundation is available to assist the best students to access career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must be in possession of good to excellent matric results.
- Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full-time student.
- Must be financially needy
- Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
- Must be dedicated to their studies.
- Must provide references.
- Must be willing to give back to the community.
Nationality: South African applicants can apply via online mode.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a minimum average of 70% for school and 65% for tertiary education.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.