The United States Amateur Boxing Inc. is glad to invite applications for the Thomas “Sarge” Johnson Scholarship Program. Only the U.S students are invited to apply. He or she has completed at least one semester of a post-secondary program and currently registered as the U.S. Boxing member. Up to eleven awards available. Each of those valued up to $3,000. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than 15 September each year.
The Thomas “Sarge” Johnson Scholarship provides financial aid for student-athletes who are pursuing post-secondary education (beyond high school). This can include technical, trade, community college, and four-year college programs of study. This scholarship is sponsored by the United States Amateur Boxing Inc. and supports student-athletes who box competitively.
The winning students will receive benefit as follow:
• 2 awards of $2,000 for trade school applicants
• 7 wards of $3,000 for undergraduate program applicants
• 2 awards of $2,500 for graduate school applicants
Level and Area of Studies
Post-secondary level in all subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, each students must meet the qualifications below:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have already completed at least one semester of a post-secondary program
- Have a post-secondary cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be a current USA Boxing member, and have been a member during the last two calendar years
- Have competed in at least two sanctioned bouts this year, and each of the last two calendar years.
Only U.S citizens are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the website and application link below.
15 September on annual basis.
All relevant question can be addressed to CThompson@usaboxing.org.