The Rotary Club of Fairhope is Currently inviting applications for the Thomas S. Scoggins Memorial Scholarship in honor of Tom Scoggins, who was an active Rotarian for over 50 years, from 1950 until his death in 2007.The scholarship program is available to high school seniors who are expected to attend full time 2 year/4-year college or technical school. The scholarship is designed to help the students to achieve their educational goals and career plans.The winners of the scholarship will get up to $2,500 a year for four years (total of $10,000).
The Rotary Club of Fairhope was chartered January 27, 1938.The Rotary Club of Fairhope, with roughly 100 members, is the oldest and largest Rotary club on the Eastern Shore, having been chartered on January 27, 1938.
To receive the Thomas S. Scoggins Memorial scholarship, a recipient must:
- Interact Club member
- Fairhope High School senior
- Demonstrated academic success and community service
- Merit and financial need considered, independently and together
- Scholarship recipient is expected to attend full-time and maintain a GPA of 3.0
How to Apply:
To applying for the scholarship, you may download the scholarship form through the given link:
The applicants should attach the following documents with the application are given below:
- A one-page description of your personal goals, educational goals, and how you think you can help others through “Service Above Self,” the motto of Rotary International.
- A copy of your high school transcript, including the fall of your senior year.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers or employers not related to you.
- A copy of your FAFSA printout OR the attached Family Financial Profile
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Rotary Club of Fairhope is providing the Thomas S. Scoggins Memorial Scholarship award $10,000 maximum to the winning candidates ($2,500 maximum renewable for up to four years).
Entries for the Thomas S. Scoggins Memorial scholarship will be submitted by March 3, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, direct contact to B. G. Hinds, President, Rotary Club of Fairhope at onetwistedwhiskr-at-aol.com.