The Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets Scholarship for Women
RBC Capital Markets is committed to fostering workplace diversity and supporting women in the capital markets industry. Through this scholarship, we aim to recognize and reward outstanding Canadian female undergraduate business, engineering and economics students who are interested in pursuing a career in banking and finance.
- The RBC Capital Markets Scholarship for Women will offer up to four scholarships per year, in the amount of C$5,000 each for students in their 3rd year of studies.
- Scholarship recipients will also receive an offer of employment for a summer analyst position at RBC Capital Markets in our Toronto or New York office (1 position available). Visit campus.rbccm.com to learn more about our opportunities.
- Scholarship recipients will be paired with a senior professional from RBC Capital Markets, who will serve as a contact and mentor.
Eligible Candidate Requirements
- Canadian Citizen
- Female students in their 2nd year of full-time undergraduate studies, enrolled in a business, engineering or economics program at a university in Canada
- Intending to continue their full-time undergraduate studies for their 3rd year
- Minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA/80%, or equivalent, diverse extra-curricular participation, and community involvement
Candidates must submit the following:
- A 300 word personal essay in support of their candidacy, explaining why the applicant is interested in a career in banking and finance.
- A current resume
- Unofficial transcripts of the applicant’s academic record
To apply, please click here.
Shortlisted application will be invited to participate in a telephone or in-person interview at our Toronto office. All pre-approved travel expenses will be paid by RBC Capital Markets.
Deadline: march 2017