The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Team Science Award
To acknowledge and catalyze the growing importance of interdisciplinary teams to the understanding of cancer and/or the translation of research discoveries The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) provide “AACR Team Science Award”. The AACR Team Science Award will recognize an outstanding interdisciplinary research team for its innovative and meritorious science. This award has been established to acknowledge and catalyze the growing importance of interdisciplinary teams to the understanding of cancer and/or the translation of research discoveries into clinical cancer applications. The team which will be selected to receive the Twelfth Annual AACR Team Science Award will collectively be awarded an honorarium of $50,000.
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is the world’s oldest and largest professional association related to cancer research. Based in Philadelphia, the AACR focuses on all aspects of cancer research, including basic, clinical, and translational research into the etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- For the purpose of this award, a team is comprised of independent faculty-level researchers providing complementary interdisciplinary expertise, each of whom has made separate substantive and quantifiable contributions to the research being recognized.
- Team members may be working within the same institution or at several institutions; however, if researchers are in the same institution, they must have clearly separate funding and research space.
- The research to be recognized should reflect work toward a specific scientific goal that otherwise would not be realized by any single component of the team.
- Candidacy is open to all cancer researchers who are affiliated with any institution involved in cancer research, cancer medicine or cancer-related biomedical science anywhere in the world. Such institutions include those in academia, industry or government.
- Teams comprising academic and industry researchers will be accepted.
How to Apply:
Applicants can submit their online application by the given link:
- Nomination Package must be included
- The contact information of the corresponding nominator
- The name of the Team Leader
- A list of all members of the team, their professional titles, and affiliations, with a description of each member’s substantive and quantifiable contribution to the team
- Indication of the primary concentration of research area
- 50-word summary statement of the research accomplishment or accomplishments for which the team is being nominated
- A narrative, of no more than 3,000 words, describing in-depth the research accomplishment or accomplishments for which the team is being nominated as well as the significance and impact of the research, with no more than twelve (12) relevant publications referenced within the narrative
- A list of the publications referenced with the research narrative, with full citations (no more than 12)
- A narrative, of no more than 1,000 words, describing the value-added activities of the team and the coordination of the research across the multiple performance sites
- A descriptive list of institutional support of the team, such as pilot funding, technology transfer offices, shared resources, etc.
- Original handwritten signatures of the nominator and all team members.
- CV or Biosketch for each team member MUST include full publication history, written in English.
- Letters of Endorsement from a Dean, Department Head, or Director of each member’s institution confirming support for the nomination and certifying the contents of the nomination package.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The team selected to receive the 12th Annual AACR Team Science Award will collectively be awarded a prize of $50,000 and be recognized during the AACR Annual Meeting 2018 in Chicago, Illinois, USA (April 14-18, 2018).
- The representative institutions will be cited at the AACR Annual Meeting for their leadership role in fostering team science.
Nominations for the AACR Team Science Award must be submitted by 4 p.m. U.S. ET on Wednesday, August 2, 2017.
Link for More Information: