Applications are now been accepted for the TGF Fellowship Programme 2018, eligible persons are by this notice charged to hurry and apply.
The Gruber Foundation (TGF) has created the TGF Fellowship Program with the aim to promote the science of cosmology and other branches of astronomy. The IAU Executive Committee recognizes this contribution to their science and shares the desire of TGF to give this distinction the highest possible scientific standing and international character. International Ph.D. candidates are encouraged to apply for the given fellowship. The fellowship will be awarded to an extremely promising, young astrophysicist, working in any field of astrophysics, theoretical, observational or experimental. TGF provides a yearly amount of 50,000 US $ for Fellowships every year, with the next one in 2017.
The International Astronomical Union (IAU) was founded in 1919. Its mission is to promote and safeguard the science of astronomy in all its aspects through international cooperation.
- Applicants in the last months of their Ph.D., having already made successful contacts for a post-doctoral position, or post-docs in their first year of appointment, are encouraged to apply.
- In the case of applicants at the Ph.D. level, the Ph.D. must have been awarded by the start of the Fellowship, i.e., no later than Oct. 1stof the award year.
- There are no limitations on nationality, but, while the scientific quality of the application is the prime criterion, preference will be given to applicants from countries in difficult economic conditions.
How to Apply:
The candidates must submit the following documents, to be eligible for the scholarship program
- The applicant’s full name, address, email address and current institute address
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae and list of publications
- The applicant’s research project to be carried out at the desired host institute (length: up to 5 pages of text in Times 12 or equivalent font; with up to 4 figures)
- The starting date and period during which the desired stipend will be used by the applicant at the host institute
- A draft budget for the use of the desired stipend by the applicant at the host institute (e.g., travel expenses, publications, invitations, etc.)
- A letter of appointment to a postdoc position from the director of the desired host institute, with particular attention to salary issues (salary amount, overheads, etc., to be covered by the host institute)
- The full names, addresses and email addresses of 3 referees who are familiar with the applicant’s scientific work and prospects for a scientific career
Financial Aid and Award money:
TGF provides a yearly amount of 50,000 US $ for Fellowships every year, with the next one in 2017.
The awarded Fellowship amount is intended as a research grant covering travel, subsistence and research expenses supplementing a postdoctoral appointment at a host institution starting no later than October 1st of the award year. The Fellowship may be held in conjunction with any other fellowship or award.
stay tuned as updates on deadline will be communicated shortly