COMSOL, Inc., Mouser Electronics, Tech Briefs Media Group and SAE International Company are teaming up to announce entries for “Create the Future Design Contest”. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to apply for the contest. Sponsors are supporting the contest to help create opportunity and goodwill among members of the design engineering community. The winner of the contest will get a grand prize worth of $20,000.
Tech Briefs Media Group and SAE International offer a diverse set of print and electronic media resources that deliver unparalleled coverage of the design engineering market.
Apply if you follow the given criteria:
- Encourage entries by students and entrepreneurs.
- Engineer or scientists are eligible
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
How to Apply:
To apply you may register yourself through the given link
Have the following ready before you complete this application.
- Complete the Official Entry Form and upload at least one image with your entry.
- Provide a description of your entry (up to 500 words) in the form of a technical abstract, in English. Your description should cover how the entry works, what makes it a novel, how it would be produced, and where it would be applied. You will be judged on these criteria:
- Innovation (50% of score) — What makes the design novel? Does it represent an important advance over the current state of the art?
- Manufacturability (25%) — How easy would it be to implement? Can it be cost-effectively manufactured/produced?
- Marketability (25%) — Does the idea have practical applications? Is there a well-defined, significant market for its use?
- Upload at least one (but no more than three) visual illustrations. File type options: PDF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, EDRW. The visual illustration(s) should complement your entry description and can be drawings, photos, charts, or CAD images.
- Video: You also have the option of submitting a video to support your entry (limited to one video per entry). Maximum length: three minutes. First, upload your video to YouTube, Veoh, or Vimeo. Then, when you complete the Entry Form, provide the link to the video where indicated on the form.
- Prototypes: It is NOT required to have a prototype of your product. However, if a working prototype does exist, please indicate this where asked on the Entry Form. Entrants are encouraged to include an illustration of their prototype with the entry materials.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Grand Prize (1): $20,000 USD, provided by COMSOL and Mouser Electronics
- First Prize in Each Category (7): HP deskside workstation computer or laptop, courtesy of HP and Nvidia.The winner in the Machinery/Automation/Robotics category will also receive a copy of MapleSim modeling & simulation software from category sponsor Maplesoft ($5,000 value).
- Popular Vote Prizes (10): The Top Ten Most Popular Entries, as voted on by contest site visitors, will each receive Nanodots Magnetic Constructors from Nano Magnetics. These precision crafted Rare-Earth magnets, heralded as “Lego of the 21st Century,” can be clicked, sculpted and combined in infinite ways.
- Top 100 Entries (100): Certificate of Achievement suitable for framing
The scholarship application deadline is 11:59 pm ET on July 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question and difficulty you can contact by the given link: