SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Swedish Institute’s Young Connectors of the Future Programme in Sweden
The Swedish Institute (SI) invites eligible applicants from some selected countries in South Asia for its Young Connectors of the Future Programme (YCF) aimed at impacting and supporting young leaders in the South Asia region by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society.
The YCF programme is leadership training within the context of working for an equal and sustainable society. Participants – who are all experts in their fields – will learn in group from both experts within the field and each other.
Opportunity Location: Sweden.
Opportunity Type: Fully Funded.
Organizer: The Swedish Institute (SI)
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YCF programme are covered by Swedish Institute. The SI will also arrange and pay for the participants’ air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme. Each participant is responsible for transportation costs within her/his own country.
- All participants are insured against acute illness and accident during Module 1, through the Swedish State Group Insurance and personal insurance by the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Service Agency (Kammarkollegiet). If the Module 2 is held in Sweden, the same arrangement as for Module 1 applies. If the follow-up module is held in another country, participants need to arrange and cover their own insurance costs.
To apply to the programme applicants have to:
- be a citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka;
- be an NGO leader, legal worker, journalist, social worker, cultural worker, social entrepreneur, civil servant, youth politician or in another type of leadership role;
- work actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights;
- be between 22 and 32 years old (born between 1985 – 1995);have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
Apply by filling out our YCF Application Form 2017 and by going to our application portal. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. A complete application consists of:
- a completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons;
- an updated CV in English;
- a letter of recommendation in English* (no more than 500 words) from a person who knows your work in the areas of democracy or human rights. We prefer that you use our template for the letter of recommendation, but it’s not compulsory. The letter should specifically motivate your participation in the programme with reference to the YCF criteria; and
- a photo (not compulsory).
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: February 9, 2017