Opportunities are available for the. Indian Technical and Economic (ITEC) Programme 2017/2018. Participants from Commonwealth member countries are invited to apply.
The ITEC Programme is fully sponsored by the Government of India and has been running successfully for over 50 years. It is designed to build the capacity of professionals through a series of unique training courses.
The Government of India has allocated 30 places for participants from Commonwealth member countries for the 2017-2018 Programme.
There are 47 premier institutions conducting 280 short-term, medium-term and long-term courses across seven broad categories:
- Accounts, Audit, Banking and Finance
- IT, Telecommunications and English
- SME and Rural Development
- Specialised courses
- Technical courses
- Environment and Renewable Energy
- Candidates, who can apply, are employees/officials in Government, Semi-Government, Public Sector, Universities/ Schools, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Private Sector and also members/employees of NGOs and NPOs) for specific courses).
- The candidate should possess working knowledge of English to follow the course. For English language course, basic knowledge of English is required.
- Candidates should be in the age group of 25-45 years.
- It should be noted that if a candidate has already attended a course sponsored by Government of India, he/she is not eligible for ITEC Courses.
- Candidates are advised not to carry any arms, ammunitions and prohibited items as these are illegal.
- Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the ITEC terms and conditions, course curriculum, rules and regulations of the Institute.
- Excursion fare /economy class return air ticket
- Visa on Gratis basis
- Course Fee
- Accommodation in a Hostel or Hotel
- Living Allowance at Rs.25000 per month
- Book Allowance at Rs.5000Government of India will provide medical cover only of emergency nature arising during the period of training. For regular and chronic ailments, the candidates are advised to bring their medicines used on a regular basis. For regular/chronic ailments, all consultation charges of doctor/medicines etc. would be borne by the participants.
- Living Allowance of Rs.25,000 per month is, inter alia, meant for meals and the Institute may make deductions if it provides the same to the candidates. For courses of less than a month’s duration, Living Allowance is disbursed on pro-rota basis.
- In case of hostel accommodation, there could be instances of accommodation being provided on double occupancy basis. (Type of accommodation being provided by the Institute is available on website/brochure of the Institute). In case of hotel accommodation, efforts is made to provide accommodation in good hotels on single occupancy basis. During Study Tours, there may be occasions when the candidates may have to share accommodation due to non-availability of hotel/guesthouse accommodation.
- Study Tours are mandatory educational tours. All participants are expected to attend.
How to apply
To apply, please complete and submit a hard copy of the online application form and the items below, to the Commonwealth Secretariat:
- Medical Certificate
- Evidence of proficiency in English
- Letter of endorsement from nominating ministry/department/agency
Application Deadline: Varying by Institution
For More Information: