Study In Australia: Endeavor scholarship in Australia 2018-2019
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the Australian Government’s competitive, merit-based scholarships and
fellowships providing opportunities for Australians to undertake study, research or professional development overseas and for
overseas citizens to do the same in Australia.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships aim to build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and
research, support the internationalisation of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high-achieving
individuals from overseas and Australia opportunities to increase their productivity and expertise in their field.
The objective of the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships is to provide individuals of academic merit with high-quality learning
opportunities that contribute to Australia’s standing as a world-leader in education and research. The program supports
Australia’s first National Strategy for International Education which sets out a 10-year plan for developing Australia’s role as a
global leader in education, training and research.
All recipients will receive:
- travel allowance: $3,000 (provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- establishment allowance: $2,000 (fellowships) or $4,000 (scholarships)
- monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis)*
- health insurance for the full category duration (OSHC for international recipients)
- travel insurance (excluding during program for international recipients)
Tuition fees: Endeavour scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research
duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
Who is Eligible (Eligibility)
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their program
- be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country (section 8)
- commence their proposed program after 1 January 2018 and no later than 30 November 2018. Applicants who have
already commenced or will commence their intended program prior to 2018 are not eligible to apply
- provide all relevant supporting documentation (section 9)
- not currently hold or have completed, after 1 January 2016, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government). A list can be found
- not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship.
How to apply
Steps required to apply for an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship
Step 1. Read these guidelines and the Frequently Asked Questions http://internationaleducation.gov.au/endeavourfaq
to gain an understanding of the program and what is required for an application.
Step 2. Review and ensure the minimum eligibility requirements (section 5) are met.
Step 3. Read the terms and conditions (see example attachment). If an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship is offered,
the recipient must agree to the terms and conditions and accept within seven days. If the offer is not accepted
within this period, the offer may be withdrawn.
Step 4. Once the application period is open, an application can be started by registering on Endeavour Online.
Instructions can be found http://internationaleducation.gov.au/endeavourapplications
Step 5. To be considered for more than one scholarship or fellowship an applicant is required to lodge a separate
application for each category.
Step 6. Note the unique application ID for future use in any correspondence with the department.
Step 7. Complete responses to the selection criteria (section 6) and upload supporting documentation (section 9).
Step 8. Finalise and submit an application. Once an application has been successfully submitted an automated email
acknowledging the receipt of the application will be sent to the email address provided. Once an application has
been submitted, no further changes (including addition of documents) can be mad
Key dates for the 2018 round*
April 2017 Applications for Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships open.
Applicants apply through Endeavour Online
30 June 2017 (11.59 pm) Applications close
July – October 2017 Applications short listed and assessed
November 2017 Recommendations provided to the Minister for Education and Training,
Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham
December 2017 Successful and unsuccessful applicants receive an email regarding the outcome of their
December 2017 Successful recipients complete and return necessary documentation
January – November 2018 Recipients commence their program