Applications are invited at the StoryTrack for the StoryTrack Film & Video Scholarship Program. To be eligible, candidates must be currently or will be enrolled undergraduate program in communications, film, video production or media studies in the United States. They are required to submit a video and an essay based on the defined guideline below.
At StoryTrack, we strongly believe in supporting education and giving back to the creative community. As creators, film-makers, designers, producers, and editors we placed great value in our own education and made sacrifices in following our storytelling passion. We want to help others who intend to do the same and are proud to give back to students dedicated to creative, visual storytelling, film production, directing, and editing through the annual StoryTrack Studio, Inc. Scholarship.
The winning student will receive benefit of $775 cash.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in in communications, film, video production or media studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- All undergraduate students (including incoming freshmen) enrolled in an accredited American university or college
- A major or emphasis area in communications, film, video production or media studies
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
The United States citizens are welcome to apply.
The application consists of two parts:
- Video: A short video demonstrating your ability as a filmmaker and storyteller on your topic of choice (1-minute maximum length). Video submissions will be judged based on the applicant’s storytelling, editing, and directing abilities. Filming on your mobile phone is acceptable. The focus is on your video and technique, not the gear.
- Personal Statement : A short essay about your artistic process and rationale for the video submission (300-word limit).
The scholarship application and materials will be due September 15, 2017.