The New Europe College is delighted to offer its Spiru Haret Research Fellowships. These fellowships are available for young Romanian applicants.
The aim of these fellowships is to support young Romanian researchers/academics in the field of humanities and social sciences.
New Europe College (NEC) is an independent Romanian institute for advanced study in the humanities and social sciences .Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs, 1997-1999) within the framework of the New Europe Foundation, established in 1994 as a private foundation subject to Romanian law.
Course Level: These fellowships are available for pursuing research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the field of humanities and social sciences.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the following:
- A monthly stipend of 750 Euro (tax free), accommodation and transportation costs for the Fellows residing outside Bucharest, and financial support for a one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice. As an alternative, they can opt for field research, in Romania or outside it.
Scholarship can be taken in Romania
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be Romanian citizens and hold a Ph.D. title. Preference is given to candidates up to the age of 40, and to those who have not yet benefited from a NEC Fellowship.
- Working languages: English, French, and German. A good command of English is desirable.
Nationality: Romanian applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD
How to Apply: The applications will be submitted by e-mail only. Applications will be submitted in electronic format only, to the address: applications-at-nec.ro. The documents appended to the application form (with the exception of the letters of recommendation) will be attached to the application message. In the Subject field of the message please write: “NEC Spiru Haret Fellowships”.
A complete application consists of:
- A recent photo.
- The application form (in Microsoft Word format), completed in English, French, or German.
- At least 2 original letters of reference (in English, French, or German) written explicitly in support of your application for the NEC “Spiru Haret” Fellowship Program 2017-18. The letters of reference should be e-mailed by the referees directly to the address: applications-at-nec.ro.
- Scanned document(s) proving that the applicant holds the Ph.D. title.
The application form, the application guidelines and additional information on New Europe College can be downloaded from www.nec.ro, or requested by e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other details, please contact Constantin Ardeleanu (cardeleanu-at-nec.ro)
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is August 14, 2017.