Special Scholarship Program (SSP) at Kochi University of Technology, Japan 2017
Kochi University of Technology is now accepting application for Special Scholarship Program (SSP). This award is offered to support doctoral program in Engineering Studies. Both Japanese and overseas students are eligible to participate in this scholarship award. The successful applicants will be awarded interesting benefits as that would be described below. Please send your application due to 17 March 2017.
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the development of advanced research at the university through the contribution of highly capable doctoral students. Every year, Kochi University of Technology(KUT) enrolls approximately 15 selected doctoral students to work in specific research projects. Each student pursues a doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting his/her host professor in his/her research projects and receiving monthly payment in return for his/her contribution to the projects.
The successful candidates may expect to receive the following benefits:
- Exemption from entrance fee, examination fee, and enrollment fee and tuition fee.
- To support living expenses.
- Travel and initial living costs (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan).
Level and Area of Studies
This scholarship program will support doctoral program with research focusing on of the following areas:
– Material and Life Systems Engineering
– Intelligent Mechanical Systems Engineering
– Electronic and Photonic Systems Engineering
– Information Systems Engineering
– Infrastructure Systems Engineering
– Economics and Management
Place of Study
At Kochi University of Technology(KUT), Japan
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions:
- To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- To have high English proficiency
Japanese and international students may apply this scholarship.
The detail guide of the application procedure can be seen at the application link below.
17 March 2017