The call for applications for 2017-18 is now OPEN for the Strengthening South Asian Feminist Movements programme. South Asia Women’s Fund will accept Letters of Interest (LOI) from interested women and trans rights groups, organisations and activists from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka till June 30, 2017. Please download and read the call for more details. The LOI is also included in the call document itself. SAWF will accept LOIs submitted in English and any of the major regional languages: Bangla, Hindi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil and Urdu.
South Asia Women’s Fund is committed to supporting organisations and activists working towards realising the human rights of women and trans* people in the Asian region. Through its grant making portfolios, SAWF provides access to resources for women-led/trans-led interventions in 18 countries in South, Southeast and East Asia. with a special focus on supporting the voices and leadership of those facing multiple discriminations, working within difficult contexts and circumstances.
The common threads that run through all SAWF’s grant making programmes are:-
- Promoting a rights based perspective and feminist principles in women’s rights/trans* rights work in the region, key components of which are decision making, agency and voices
- Strengthening the leadership of women and trans* people, especially of second line leadership
- Networking and collaborations among and between groups and activists working at a sub-national, national and regional level
Under this programme SAWF supports small and medium-sized women’s rights groups, individual activists, women human rights lawyers (through fellowships), and sub-national, national and regional networks. This programme is currently only open to the South Asian countries of Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
The following documents are required, without which applications will not be accepted:
1. An attested copy of the registration of the organisation
2. List of its governing body and executive staff
3. Tax exemption status
4. Legal registration to receive grants from foreign sources
5. Audited accounts of the previous financial year
6. Annual report, or any other document in its stead that lays out the activities, achievements
and challenges that the organisation undertook in the preceding year
For any questions or clarifications regarding the call for applications or the Letter of Interest
format, please contact us at
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the South Asia Women’s Fund 2017/2018
SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
NEVER MISS A SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY. JOIN OVER 50,000 Members.