The South African Square Kilometre Array is delighted to invite applications for the opening of the National Certificate Bursary Programme 2018.
Who is Qualified:
- South African citizens from Carnarvon, Williston, Van Wyksvlei, Vosburg, Loxton, Victoria West and Brandvlei
- Students who wish to study, or are currently studying, towards a National Certificate in:
- Electrical Engineering – Electrical or Instrumentation and Control OR
- Mechanical Engineering – Fitting and Turning or Welding
Conditions of the SKA SA bursar
- Successful applicants will be required to study at the Northern Cape Urban Vocational Education and Training College (NCU TVET) in Kimberley, where courses are taught in English.
- Successful applicants will need to start with their studies in January 2018.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Mathematics and Science bridging course, prior to starting with their National Certificate studies.
- Successful applicants studying at N1, N2 and N3 level may be required to stay at the college residences, o at other accommodation provided by SKA SA.
- A bursary from the SKA SA is renewable every three months, for the duration of the bursary, at the sole discretion of the SKA SA, and is subject to satisfactory performance. Students must achieve a minimum of a 60% average in each trimester. Students who do not obtain a minimum of 60% average will not receive further funding from the SKA SA.
- Students are allowed to hold supplementary grants, during this bursary, to a maximum of 50% of the SKA SA award, but he/she must inform the SKA SA of such awards.
Completed application forms must be delivered to SKA SA by 12 noon on 30 September 2017
SKA SA, First Floor, 17 Baker Street, Rosebank, 2196; OR
0114422454: For Attention Ruth Tlou; OR
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; OR
- By hand: SKA SA box located at your local public library.
- ONLY one application form per applicant is permitted.
- Until 12h00 on 30 September 2017, queries may be directed to Ms. Ruth Tlou on (011) 442-2454.
- No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
- SKA SA reserves the right not to accept any application, in part or whole. The decision of SKA SA is final and no correspondence will be entered into after the decision has been made.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 10 December 2017
Application Deadline: 30 September 2017
For More Information: