Sky Academy are delighted to announce that our Sports Scholarship programme applications are open for a second rotation supporting up and coming sporting stars of the future. Adding another layer of financial, mentor and wider development support as well as media training the Sky Academy Sports Scholar programme aims to give additional support and aid exciting young athletes in fulfilling their potential on the international stage.
The Sports Scholars programme runs on a four-year rotation, similar to the Olympic cycles. The next class of sports scholars would be firmly focusing their sights on realising their sporting potential. Unlike the Class of 2016, new applicants do not have to solely compete in Winter or Summer Olympic Sports, and for the first time extreme sports will be considered for a Sports Scholarship.
Applications are open to 16-25 year olds. There will be 10 scholarships places award to UK and Ireland athletes in individual discipline sports. These 10 athletes will receive an award of £30,000 a year and access to the highest level of mentoring and media training.
As a broad overview and as a starting point they would need to display some of the following in no particular order.
- World top ten ranking in their respective event (age group dependent)
- British top ten ranking with an ascending performance profile
- Displays strong potential to be a medallist/finalist at the next Olympic Games
- Has to be a strong medal contender for the next Commonwealth Games
- Displays all the qualities and attributes that shows an attitude to be the best
- Has a strong personality profile to be a face of the Sky brand
- Has all the essential credentials and personality to be a strong and influential role model
- Has good communication skills or has the willingness and openness to want to improve
If you think this could be you, please fill out the below application form.
Deadline: Midnight Sunday 26th February. Successful applicants will be announced in September 2017.
The very best of luck to all applicants and we look forward to meeting the new Sky Academy Sports Scholars in September 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
follow the procedures on the Official Website to complete the online form on the platform