Entries are now been accepted for the 2017 Skoltech MSc Fellowship for International Applicants in Russia ,and Entry submissions deadlines are as follows :Open: December 16, 2016 Close: July 16, 2017. Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology is delighted to announce the availability of MSc fellowship in Biomedical Science and Technology, Energy Science and Technology and Information Science and Technology. Skoltech will provide an internationally competitive fellowship, including a tuition waiver, an assistantship (research, teaching, or innovation), and medical insurance. Applicants are reminded that the eligibility criteria is a noteworthy information and must be met accordingly by each applicant.
‣ Skoltech is an institution with a global reach and an international community of faculty, students, and staff.
‣ We encourage top science and engineering students from all over the world to consider applying to Skoltech.
‣ About 15-20% of Skoltech students are non-Russian citizens, a number that is expected to increase as Skoltech grows to capacity of about 500 M.Sc. students and 700 Ph.D. students.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Russia
Level: master’s (MSc) degree level.
Field(s): Applicants should have received training in fields relevant to programs, including: Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, informatics, etc. Physics, applied physics,Chemistry, chemical engineering, Biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, biochemistry, biophysics,bioinformatics, systems biology, Materials science, Aerospace science and engineering, Mechanical engineering, Petroleum and gas engineering
Deadline: Open: December 16, 2016 Close: July 16, 2017.
|Funded By: Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 Skoltech MSc Fellowship is targeted for Russian and International students
‣ Award No: Up to 15 fellowships are available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholaship covers: For every admitted M.Sc. student, Skoltech will provide an internationally competitive fellowship, including a tuition waiver, an assistantship (research, teaching, or innovation), and medical insurance.
To apply for 2017 Skoltech MSc Fellowship , candidates must meet the following requirements for each study program :
‣ For master’s programs: an appropriate bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university.
‣ For doctoral programs: an appropriate master’s degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university.
‣ As we receive many more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have placements available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
‣ Applicants should have received training in fields relevant to our programs, including:
Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, informatics, etc. Physics, applied physics, Chemistry, chemical engineering, Biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology, Materials science, Aerospace science and engineering, Mechanical engineering, Petroleum and gas engineering, Students with first degrees in the humanities or social sciences should have significant training in a field related to one of Skoltech’s programs.
‣ Testing All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at Skoltech.
‣ A score of79 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.5 on the IELTS is desired (TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if applicant is a native speaker of English or received a degree from a university in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand). Other English language test scores are not accepted, including TOEFL or IELTS scores for tests administered by an educational institution for admission to that particular institution. Skoltech’s institutional code for the TOEFL iBT is 2909.
‣ Submission of a General GRE score is not a requirement of the Skoltech application. However, it is encouraged and may enhance your application.
‣ For further information on the GRE test please visit the ETS website for test locations, dates, and times. Skoltech’s institutional code for the GRE is 1294.
Selection criteria for Skoltech MSc Fellowship
‣ Selection Weekend is the second round of admission process at Skoltech. Students, who have been selected in the first, application round, are invited to be part of “Selection Weekend”.
‣ During the “Selection Weekend”, participants go through two and a half days of interviews, rigorous written examinations, an English test, and – most importantly – problem-based engineering modules that are designed by Skoltech faculty and senior staff.
Notification for 2016 Skoltech MSc Fellowship
‣ Due to the large number of applications the Student Affairs Office receive each year, we unfortunately cannot accommodate requests for personalized feedback on your application. Admission to Skoltech is very competitive and students, who meet, even exceed, our minimum requirements may not necessarily receive an offer.?
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The Skoltech offers an online admissions application to make the process quick and simple for potential students.
Submit your application at apply.skoltech.ru!
‣ Before beginning the application, we advise that you carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
‣ Application includes: CV, 3 letters of recommendation, Statement of purpose, Transcripts from current or previous higher education institutions. Submission of either TOEFL or IELTS test results is required by “Selection Weekend”. Applicants, who did not get a chance to take any of these official tests, will be able to take an institutional TOEFL test during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Open: December 16, 2016 Close: July 16, 2017.
Master of Science Program
- Application Deadline: All Programs (except for Biotechnology)- July 16, 2017
- Selection Round Dates: All Programs (except for Biotechnology)- July 28-29, 2017
- Application Deadline: Biotechnology-July 16, 2017
- Selection Round Dates: Biotechnology –July 29, 31, 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.