Shell Undergraduate Scholarships for Students in Nigerian Universities is one the current scholarships for Nigerian undergraduates. thus it is classified into two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited undergraduate scholarship awards for qualified second year students in all Nigerian Universities.
What you need to know about the Scholarship:
The University Scholarship Scheme, a programme run by SPDC on behalf of the NNPC/Shell/Elf/Agip Joint Venture, makes a quiet but very profound commentary on the company’s interest in the promotion of capacity building in the country.
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
There are two categories of the Scholarship Scheme, the National Merit Award (NM), open to Nigerian undergraduates and Areas of Operation Merit Award (AOM), for students from communities in which Shell Nigeria operates. Only first year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
An average of 16,000 applicants respond to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
Nigeria and to be taken at any Nigerian Universities
Level/Field of Study:
The Scholarship is intended for undergraduate Students. Courses offered at Nigerian Universities
Annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course
Eligible Applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2016/2017 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
The Scholarship is in two categories;
- the National Merit Award (NM) and
- the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
Step-by- Step procedure on How to Apply Shell Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students
The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online at www.shellnigeria.com and to provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OM). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
- For more datails visit Shell Development Official website or Download Pdf for more Details
Sponsors: Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture)
Offered annually? Yes
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘ Representatives’ /’Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Applications should be submitted online before Wednesday December 20, 2017.
- There will be no selection test (selection is based on combined academic performance) and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted