We’re offering 150 Alumni Fund scholarships worth £3,600 each for home students starting their studies in September 2017. These are entirely funded by donations from alumni and friends of the University from around the world.
You’ll need to be eligible for a maintenance loan from Student Finance of at least £5,256 (household income of below £50,000). You must also have received an academic offer to study a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2017.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place for an undergraduate programme at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 14 April 2017 for entry in September 2017 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
|East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius||Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco|
|South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam|
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- Applicants must have applied for a study place by 14 April 2017.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is Friday 21 April 2017.
- Scholarship results will be announced Friday 26 May 2017.
How to apply: click online