offers are up for a Secondment Postgraduate Fellowships for UK students sponsored by the Wellcome Trust. These fellowships are available to conduct their study in the field of Social science.
Secondment Fellowships are for early-career humanities and social science researchers who we already fund. Researchers spend three to six months at the organisations.
The Wellcome Trust is a biomedical research charity based in London, United Kingdom. The aim of the Trust is to “achieve extraordinary improvements in health by supporting the brightest minds”, and in addition to funding biomedical research, it supports the public understanding of science.
Course Level: These fellowships are available for pursuing the Postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Social science.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- A Secondment Fellowship is usually for three to six months, depending on the host organization.
- It’s a fully-funded extension to a fellowship, PhD or research assistant position.
- We want to encourage applicants from all over the UK. If you don’t live within reasonable daily travelling distance of your chosen host organization, we’ll fund your extra travel, accommodation, childcare and other relevant costs.
- Your host organization will pay for office and research costs during the secondment.
- If you’re currently working part time, it may be possible to do your secondment part time too.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken at one of the following organisations:
- Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST), London
- Science Museum, London
- World Health Organization (WHO), Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Paris
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these fellowships:
- Applicants can apply for a Secondment Fellowship if an early-career researcher in humanities and social science who we already fund.
- Either you must hold one of the following awards:
- Doctoral Studentships
- Research Fellowships in Humanities and Social Science
- Research Awards for Health Professionals
- Applicants must be a PhD student or postdoctoral researcher funded by one of the following awards:
- Investigator Awards in Humanities and Social Science
- Collaborative Awards in Humanities and Social Science.
- If successful, you’ll undertake a project during your secondment. This will depend on your research interests and the needs of your host organization. You should discuss your project idea with your proposed secondment host organization.
Nationality: UK students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be PhD.
English language Requirements: students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English the candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Contact the secondment host organization where you want to work
- Applicants should discuss your application with the host organization you’ve chosen.
- Submit your application online
- Applicants must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker
- View the Sample full application form for Secondment Fellowships [PDF 606KB].
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 19, 2017.