Applications are currently available at University of New South Wales for UNSW Scientia Research Fellowship award for outstanding Australian students. The University provides up to forty fellowships position to pursue research in various study areas.These fellowships is aimed towards attracting and retaining the highest research performers on a trajectory to being exceptional research leaders and mentors.
UNSW Australia is a research-intensive university ranked in the world’s top 50 universities (QS rankings 2016). Our Sydney campus is home to 55,000 students from over 120 countries. We aspire to be Australia’s global university.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in Indigenous Researchers, Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines and Interdisciplinary Research.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Fellowships will provide a pathway to continuing academic appointment for appointees not already on a continuing appointment.
- There will also be a development and collaboration support package of $20,000 to $40,000 per annum and access to a unique range of development opportunities across research, teaching and learning and leadership and engagement relevant to career stage.
Numbers of Scholarships: Up to forty fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Internal continuing, fixed term or casual UNSW staff
- Applicants who are not currently in paid employment at UNSW
- Applicants must hold a doctoral qualification at the time of application.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be doctorate.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Applications must be made via the UNSW Scientia Fellowship Application Portal. Once commenced, it is possible to save an application and return to it, prior to submission.
- Applications that are incomplete, or do not follow page, formatting, and content requirements will not be considered.
- Prior to commencing an application, please note that the list below summarizes the main information required:
- A statement outlining how the proposed research aligns with UNSW research priorities, in one or more of the nominated areas of research focus
- The names of three potential research collaborators in the area of your research proposal at UNSW. Additional names may be included in the body of the application. It is not a requirement to contact the potential collaborators prior to submitting the application
- Contact details of three external academic referees the applicant wishes to nominate
- A statement outlining how they align with UNSW’s 2025 Strategy in the areas of academic excellence, global impact and/or social engagement
- A statement demonstrating how they meet the “research excellence” criteria, providing evidence in accordance with the Australian Research Council’s Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence Guidelines
- A research proposal outlining the quality, significance and innovation of the proposed research
- A declaration of previous and current funding granted as well as a statement of other funding requests currently under consideration
- If an application is being made under one of the three strategic targets (Indigenous researchers, interdisciplinary research or women in STEM disciplines), additional information may be requested.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 10 2017.