Science and Technology Undergraduate Scholarships in Filipino Students, 2018
Republic of the Philippines Department of Science and Technology is offering Dost-SEI Science and Technology Scholarships for 2018. Scholarships are awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
The Philippines’ Department of Science and Technology, is the executive department of the Philippine Government responsible for the coordination of science and technology-related projects in the Philippines and to formulate policies and projects in the fields of science and technology in support of national development.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship includes tuition, other school fees, etc..
Scholarship can be taken in the Philippines
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic
- Status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators;
- Member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class; or
- Member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
- Resident of the municipality for the last 4 years as attested by the barangay chairman;
- Of good moral character and in good health; and
- Qualifier of the 2018 S&T Scholarship Examination
Nationality: Filipino citizens are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: Items to be submitted:
- Form A: Personal Information
- Form B: Household Information Questionnaire
- Form C: Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Form D-1: Certification that applicant belongs to the senior high school STEM strand class
- Form D-2: Certification that applicant belongs to the upper 5% of the NON-STEM strand senior high school graduating class
- Form E: Statement of applicant that he/she has not taken any previous DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination and any undergraduate units or post secondary course
- Form F: Statement of parent that applicant has no pending application as immigrant to any other country
- Form G: Certificate of Residency
- Two recent (1”x1”) pictures
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Parent/s 2016 Income Tax Return / W2 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Cert. of
- Exemption from Filing of ITR / Brgy. Cert. of Indigency
- Electric bill for 3 consecutive months in 2017
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 25, 2017.