SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Scholarships from the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation for doctoral students from abroad
Are you planning to spend a period of time pursuing research in Germany, or want to do a PhD in Germany? Then apply for a Rosa Luxemburg Foundation scholarship for doctoral students from abroad. Drawing on funding from the Federal Foreign Office, the foundation awards scholarships to socially engaged young researchers from abroad wishing to come to Germany to do a PhD or spend a period of time researching for their PhD. The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation is affiliated with the German political party DIE LINKE (The Left).
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Applicants must be enrolled on a PhD programme at a state or state-recognized university in Germany or abroad.
- A university teacher in Germany must act as their supervisor.
- Applicants should provide evidence of a very good degree qualification.
- Social engagement in line with the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation philosophy is essential.
- A very good command of German is necessary.
In principle, doctoral students from all disciplines can apply for a scholarship. Only applications from students in medical subjects will not be accepted.
What form does funding take?
Scholarship holders receive 1,000 euros per month, plus a mobility allowance of 100 euros and a lump sum of 20 euros. Funding is provided for a maximum period of two years. Scholarship holders can apply for further extensions (up to a maximum of twelve months).
The next closing date for applications is April annually.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application for Rosa Luxemburg Foundation scholarships for doctoral students from abroad can be found on the foundation’s website:
www.rosalux.de > Scholarships