National Research Foundation is calling on Applicants for Postdoctoral fellowship applications for South African students. These fellowships are available to study in South Africa. Eligibility criteria should be read carefully to ensure that its met by each applicant.This fellowship is aimed at encouraging and promoting the development of young researchers and offer then the privileged to further their career by gaining professional research experience.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) is the intermediary agency between the policies and strategies of the Government of South Africa and South Africa’s research institutions.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in coastal and oceanic research.
Scholarship Award: The total award is R200 000 per annum.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Applicants should have received their doctoral degrees within a period not exceeding five years prior to application,
- Applicants who are currently completing their Doctoral dissertation for submission may apply however, awards that are not taken up by 30 September 2018 will be automatically cancelled by the NRF;
- Applicants should not be a full-time or part-time employee of higher education institutions or any other research institution.
- The applicant must be based at a recognized South African research institution.
- The applicant may not hold an NRF grant-holder linked bursary concurrently with an NRF free-standing bursary or any other NRF grant
- The applicant may hold only one bursary from either the NRF or another state-funded organization at any one time
Nationality: South African applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should be doctoral graduate.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Completed application form.
- The full CV of the applicant completed on the NRF Online Submission System
- Copies of academic transcripts and certificates for previous degrees and PhD degree.
- Two reference letters from academics with whom the applicant has worked.
- Approval from the host institution indicated in a letter from the mentor confirming: i) the use of facilities and ii) the provision of additional financial commitment (such as supplementation of the running expenses, basic facilities, etc.)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 27, 2017.