SANBio FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme 2017-2019 for Female-owned Bio-Businesses (ZAR 250 000 Prize & Funded to South Africa & FInland)
Are you an ambitious female leading a business in the Biosciences arena (human/animal nutrition or health)?
Would you like to speed up your business growth, receive training and mentoring, marketing exposure, funding and an SANBio/BioFISA II sponsored trip to Slush (Europe’s leading startup event in Finland) and the 2017 SA Innovation Summit (Cape Town)?
If you answered YES to these questions, we invite you to apply now to participate in the SANBio FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme.
The FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme has been created to develop leadership, technological and business skills in female-owned businesses in the SADC region to support deal-making and business acceleration in the Biosciences arena.
A call for leading female entrepreneurs or senior managers in bioscience-based companies in any of the 12 SANBio member states (South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Angola, Namibia, Seychelles, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana) has been launched.
The Programme is in three phases, with the first part executed in a 2-day pitch training workshop for selected applicants. This training will take place between April and June 2017 and the top participants will be selected to move to phase 2.
The second phase will take the top performer through a mentorship programme, with plenty of opportunities along the way and will be concluded by a pitching event at the SA Innovation Summit in Cape Town in September. The final phase will take the best performer through-out the programme on a journey to Europe’s leading start-up event in Finland- Slush and receive a seed cash prize of ZAR 250 000 to develop the business With support from SANBio BioFISA II Programme.
- You are a female founder or senior manager in a bioscience-based company (human/animal nutrition & human/animal health);
- Your business is in the growth phase;
- You are passionate about your business and have a strong desire to accelerate at an even faster pace;
- The business is based in one of the 12 SANBio member states (South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Angola, Namibia, Seychelles, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana).
Participants in the Programme must be able to commit to the following:
- 2 days in-country training, preparing and pitching your business to various audiences (rolled-out in various SANBio member);
- 5-day boot camp in South Africa, (Pretoria, South Africa) (June/ July 2017);
- Participation in continuous online mentorship and weekly online meetings between 1 June and 15 August 2017;
- Finalist session from 6 – 7 September 2017 (Cape Town);
- Slush 2017 (31 Nov – 1 Dec) and SA Innovation Summit 2017 (6-8 September 2017).
If selected for participation:
- You will receive FREE 2-day training on moving your business forward through pitches and presentations;
- You will belong to a network of like-minded people across borders;
- Your business will receive marketing exposure;
- You have a chance to be selected for the next phase of the Programme, to receive two and a half months of intensive business mentorship and training;
- Top performers will have the opportunity to meet investors, business experts and potential mentors;
- The top performer will receive a grant of R250 000 to move the business forward;
- Top performers will visit Cape Town to participate at the 2017 SA Innovation Summit;
- The top performer will receive a trip to attend Slush 2017 in Finland, where international opportunities await!
For More Information: