The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) in conjunction with the Russian Government is offering opportunities to South African students to study at Russian institutions for the 2017/18 academic year. Russian Government Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate (Bachelors) or postgraduate (Masters or PhD) programmes. South African students to study at Russian institutions for the 2017/18 academic year. Russian Government Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate (Bachelors) or postgraduate (Masters or PhD) programmes.
The aim of the scholarship is to strengthen the bond of Russia and South Africa.
The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) is committed to increasing access to -post-school education and training opportunities, including skills development. DHET aims to make the skills development system more effective and more efficient. The DHET seeks to increase access to quality, relevant education that will benefit economic expansion as well as an inclusive growth path with every South African being able to effectively participate in the economy.
Course Level: These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate (Bachelors) or postgraduate (Masters or PhD) studies. Preference is given to postgraduate applications.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in any field but priority will be given to applications for postgraduate studies, previously disadvantaged applicants and applicants in the following fields:
- Climate change
- Economics and management
- Engineering sciences
- Maritime studies
- Natural and physical sciences
- Nuclear and renewable energy
- Space science and technology
Scholarship Award: The Russian Government provides the tuition and basic monthly allowance. The South African Government will provide one return economy airfare, monthly living allowance and annual medical insurance (subject to the availability of funds).
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Russia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record.
- Available to study in Russia from September 2017
- Demonstrated interest in Russia and commitment to the development of South Africa.
- Applicants must have a minimum average of 60%
- All students must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African university.
- South African students are eligible.
Nationality: Applicants of South Africa can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a minimum average of 60%.
English Language Requirement: Applicants with no command of Russian are required to take the college preparatory courses for one year before pursuing major studies.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- The application process is two-fold:
- Complete the DHET application form and email it with all supporting documents to International scholarships at dhet.gov.za by 01 April 2017.
- Shortlisted candidate will be required to complete the Russian Scholarship application online at www.russia.study and submit a completed medical examination form (medical tests to be done at applicant’s own cost). Only candidates who are notified that they are shortlisted need to complete the online application and undergo a medical test.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 1, 2017.