The IEEE Computer Society is glad to offer the Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship Program. This program is intended to graduate students or those in the final two years of an undergraduate program. The sponsor will provide $40,000 for the winning applicants. The closing date of application is September 30 each year.
IEEE Computer Society is offering Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship to graduate students, and those in the final two years of an undergraduate program. The scholarship was created in honor of the late Richard E. Merwin, past president of the IEEE Computer Society, to recognize and reward student leadership. It is intended to recognize and reward active student volunteer leaders in student branches or chapters who show promise in their academic and professional efforts.
- IEEE Computer Society is offering a total of $40,000 scholarship amount. Over a dozen scholarships of $1,000 and up are available, for one academic year (approximately 9 months).
- The selected winners of this award will have the opportunity to serve as IEEE Computer Society Student Ambassadors for the particular IEEE region to which they belong.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate degree in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or a well-defined computer related field of engineering.
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Graduate students and those in the final two years of an undergraduate program in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or a well-defined computer related field of engineering who are active members of a student branch or chapter are eligible.
- IEEE Computer Society membership is required. (Note: Students applying for the award should have a minimum one year in which to complete their degree, or be considering or enrolled to immediately start further study upon completion.)
- Applicants are required to have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 / 4.0 (or exam marks of at least 60%), and be a full-time student as defined by his or her academic institution during the course of the award. Student winners of the Computer Society’s Richard Merwin or UPE/CS award for the previous year (13 months) are not eligible
The United States citizens are welcome to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the link below.
September 30 on annual basis.