SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
CUNY Graduate School is delighted to offer 15 Resilience Journalism Fellowship 2017 for international Journalists in New York City. The journalists will gather in New York City for six days of study and discussion as part of the new Resilience Journalism Fellowship at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.
The program, scheduled for Oct. 22-27, will focus on the science of climate change and resilience — defined as a system’s capacity to absorb disturbance and still retain its basic function and structure.
The Fellows won’t just spend the week sitting in a classroom. CUNY will be kayaking in Jamaica Bay, riding bicycles on city streets, and searching across New York for solutions to some of the world’s most difficult environmental problems.
- The Resilience Fellowship is designed for mid-career journalists who have some background reporting on environmental issues as a staff reporter, producer, editor, or freelancer.
- Applicants should have at least five years of full-time professional experience. In special cases, CUNY will consider less experienced applicants who have demonstrated outstanding journalistic achievement.
- CUNY are looking for journalists interested in improving both the quality and quantity of their coverage of climate resilience issues. CUNY want journalists who will be active throughout the Fellowship, willing to take on the challenges we present.
CUNY will consider applicants who fall into either of the following categories:
- Journalists who are employed by a news organization or freelance full-time as writers, producers, editors, photographers, or multimedia reporters.
- Journalism innovators whose ideas have potential to alter the journalism landscape in a fundamental way.
- The Fellowship grant covers lodging, tuition and reasonable travel costs, along with most meals.
Fellows will be required to complete readings before arriving in New York and will be expected to be active participants in all discussions during the program.
Financial support for the Resilience Fellowship program is provided by The Rockefeller Foundation.
All Fellows must arrive in New York by 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 22. The first session will begin that evening.
Departures may be scheduled no earlier than 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27.
Application Deadline: Aug. 31, 2017.
For More Information: