Urology Care Foundation is excited to offer a number of Research Scholar Awards for scholars from all nations. Those awards aimed to support research in the area of urological disease. Each of the most deserving applicants will an annual salary amounting up to $40,000. To apply, the application packet must be submitted no later than 13 September 2017.
The Urology Care Foundation, the official foundation of the American Urological Association (AUA), works to ensure the future of urologic health by supporting and improving the prevention, detection, and treatment of urologic diseases through research and education. The Urology Care Foundation has recognized a major need to encourage bright, young physician-scientists and researchers to dedicate their careers to improving patients’ lives through better understanding of the development and management of urologic diseases and conditions.
Each of the successful applicants may expect to receive yearly salary valued up to $40,000. Other benefits may also be given. Please contact the employer for further information.
Level and Area of Studies
Research training in all urologic disease areas and across all research types: basic, translational, clinical, and health services/outcomes. Some awards focus on the following specific research areas: Interstitial Cystitis, Endourology, Pediatric Urology, Sexual Medicine and Urologic Oncology.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in the U.S.A.
Eligibility and Criteria
All qualified candidates are those who meet the qualifications listed below:
- Urologists in accredited clinical fellowships (eligible until the end of clinical fellowship);
- Research scientists who are post-doctoral fellows within five years of completing PhD; or
- Early-career MD or PhD (or equivalent degree) investigators within the first five years of beginning their faculty positions.
and for both eligibility tracks:
- Be able to commit to no less than one year of performance on the award and no less than 50 percent (for MD or equivalent degree applicants) or 100 percent (for PhD or equivalent degree applicants) of their time on their research projects. Deviation from this requirement will result in disqualification for award consideration or discontinuation of funding, should an award already have been made.
- Applicants cannot be a recipient of a previous Research Scholar Award, nor can the applicant have been the PI or Co-PI of any major independent investigator grant (e.g., NIH R01, DoD Idea Development). This award is not available to current residents in training. If the research is being conducted in the United States, applicants are not required to be U.S. citizens but must have valid Social Security numbers for Internal Revenue Service purposes.
- Neither the Urology Care Foundation nor the AUA Office of Research discriminate as to age, race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship or national origin in the employment and promotion of staff or in the selection of participants in the Urology Care Foundation Research Scholar Award.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please see the detail instruction of application procedure at the website and application link below.
13 September 2017.