Last updated on July 25th, 2017 at 09:48 pm
The University of Technology is inviting applications Postgraduate Scholarships open to both Malaysian and International students. Scholarships are available to pursue the MPhil and PhD degrees at MJIIT.
University of Technology, Malaysia is a public research University in Malaysia and a research-intensive university in engineering, science and technology.
The PhD and MPhil research degrees have been especially designed to incorporate the latest advancements in technology, offering students the exclusive experience of undertaking research under the supervision of Malaysian and Japanese experts while combining both theory and practice.
International students must have proof of English language proficiency.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the MPhil and PhD degrees at MJIIT.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: University offers the following student incentives:
- Monthly allowance (MYR 1,800-2,300) and tuition fee waiver
- Monthly allowance (MYR 1,800-2,300)
- Full tuition fee waiver
Number of Scholarships: A limited number of funding is available for students.
Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia
- Candidate who graduated from a Bachelor program with at least CGPA 3.0 (from Research University or better) or CGPA 3.3 (from other university) for normal / ASEAN scheme, or CGPA 3.5 for excellent scheme;
PhD Malaysian / ASEAN / International Schemes
- For normal / ASEAN / International scheme, the candidate must have
- Published one Scopus-indexed journal paper OR TWO Scopus/WoS indexed conference papers (for graduates of Research program); OR
- Obtained at least CGPA 3.7 (for graduates of Mixed Mode/Taught Course Program).
- For excellent scheme, the candidate must have published at least ONE WoS journal papers as the first student author.
Existing students with excellent publication are eligible to apply.
Nationality: These incentives are open to both Malaysian and International students.
College Admission Requirement
Master of Philosophy (MPhil): The entrance requirements include a good Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field (BEng, BSc) from a Malaysian institution of higher learning, or an equivalent qualification from any international institution of higher learning as recognized by the Senate of UTM. Students with approved experiential learning would have a distinct advantage.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Students must have a good Masters degree in a related technical field from a Malaysian institution of higher learning, or an equivalent qualification from any international institution of higher learning as recognized by the Senate of UTM. Students with approved experiential learning would have a distinct advantage.
English Language Requirement: International students must have proof of English language proficiency.
How to Apply:
- Download the application form and referee form.
- Submit the forms to MJIIT Academic Office according to the timeline below.
- Ensure you receive e-mail or slip of acknowledgement receipt from us.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines are July for September Intake and September 15 for November Intake.