Applications are currently been accepted for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship for African Academics In Australia 2018, Only eligible applicants will be granted considerations for tis program, hurry and apply!!
Type: Postdoctoral, Fellowship
Value of Award: The costs covered by the Post-Doctoral Fellowship are detailed in each Awardee’s contract. These include fees that are common for all Awardees and costs that may be applicable depending on individual fellowship conditions.
To Be Taken At (Country): Australia, Ghana, Kenya or South Africa.
Eligible Countries: Phase 2 of the pilot will be open to Eligible Applicants affiliated to Ghanaian, Kenyan or South African Universities that are members of the AAUN.
Eligibility: A candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an eligible African country as outlined in the table in Annex 2 of the Post-Doctoral Fellowships Guidelines
- Must be studying in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa
- Must have the right to reside and work in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa
- Must be affiliated with their home institution in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa in an academic/research capacity
- Be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of application
- Home and Host Institutions must be members of the Australia Africa Universities Network
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- Must not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408). This may mean that DFAT will need to withdraw an Award offer if the Awardee cannot satisfy the visa requirements
- Have been conferred a PhD at the time of application
- Field of research must be aligned to Agricultural Productivity, Health and Science and Technology
- Must have a letter of support from their home institution that outlines their agreement to the Fellowship, Annex 4 of the Post-Doctoral Fellowships Guidelines
- Must have a letter of invitation from the Host Institution in Australia, outlining their commitment to the Fellowship, Annex 4 of the Post-Doctoral Fellowships Guidelines
- Must be able to commence their program in the academic year 2018
How to Apply: Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Applications and supporting documentation must be scanned and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2017
Award Providers: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)