SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
PhD Scholarships at University of Newcastle in Australia for Ghanaians, 2017
The Australian government is commencing two PhD scholarships in The University of Newcastle at the Faculty of Health and medicine. These scholarships are awarded for research projects in mental health that align to the Ghanaian mental health reform agenda.
Australian award in Africa comprise of scholarship grants, fellowships and short course programme that aim to support the leadership potentials of African scholars and prior to African development.
The main objective of the institute is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students from Ghana.
for candidates aspiring for masters scholarship will need to take an English Language exam, for example an IELTS or TOEFL exam, in order to be considered for scholarships
Scholarship is available for studying masters degree programme at the university of Newcastle.
Eligible Field of study: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme at the university of Newcastle.
Host Institution(s): University of Newcastle.
ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES/NATIONALITY: Scholarships are open for Ghanaians but UK and international students can apply for PhD scholarships.
WORTH OF SCHOLARSHIP: The UON President’s Ghanaian scholarships provide:
- 50% of the annual living allowance per annum
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- Overseas student health cover
- The Scholarship may also include:
- A relocation allowance (up to $2,020)
- A thesis allowance (up to $500)
The successful applicant will
- take the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5)
- Have completed at least four years of Undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high-grade point average (GPA)
- Evidence of ability to support the remaining 50% living allowance (i.e. $13,144 – 2016 rate)
- A masters degree with a strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
How to Apply: Applicants should forward CV, research proposal and supporting documentation to Shirley.Savy-at-newcastle.edu.au.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have completed at least four years of Undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high-grade point average (GPA)
English Language Requirement: Applicants should have satisfied the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5)
Deadline: November annually