The University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH) has availed Scholarships offers for interested persons for PhD Training Program. Scholarships will be equivalent to 25% to 100 % of tuition fee, depending on the evaluation of each student. Scholarship is Open to both Vietnamese and International Students.
USTH mission is to provide high-quality human resource in Science and Technology serving for the development of research and technology transfer, for the demand of socio – economic development of Vietnam and at the same time making all efforts to become an excellent research oriented University in Vietnam, reaching the regional and international standards.
University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH), also – called “Vietnam-France University” is a unique International Public University in Hanoi established in 2009 under the Intergovernmental Agreement between Vietnam and France.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD training program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will be equivalent to 25% to 100 % of tuition fee, depending on the evaluation of each student.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Vietnam
Eligibility: PhD student who meets one of the following criteria may be considered for the scholarship by the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi:
- Having graduated from Bachelor and Master Programs with very good level and upwards;
- Having done scientific publications (on domestic or international journals) or achieving the scientific research awards at a provincial or a national level
Nationality: Vietnamese and international students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
- Applicant hold a Master degree in the field of application or a field relevant to the field of application;
- Applicant hold a Bachelor degree in the field of application or a field relevant to the field of application, with the excellent grade (GPA from 9.0/10 onwards);
- Author of 01 scientific publication or scientific report in the related field, published in the scientific journal or conference proceedings with oral presentation within 03 years (36 months) counting to the registration date.
- Outline of the research proposal:
- The research proposal must include the following information:
- Topic or field of research;
- Reason for the choice of the topic or field of research;
- Overview of the research related to the topic or field of research;
- Target of the research;
- Implemention plan for each period of training;
- Experience, knowledge, understanding and preparations of applicants for the intended topic or field of research;
- Expected conditions for the laboratory and the research funding;
- Expected results;
- Intended plan for working after graduation;
- Proposal on supervisors
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
- Applicants, who have the full-time Bachelor and/or Master degrees abroad and whose study language is English, shall be exempted from providing foreign language certificates.
- Valid English certificates TOEFL iBT 45 and above or IELTS 5.0 and above delivered by a certified international and Vietnamese examination organization within 2 years (24 months) counting from the application date.
How to Apply: Application form in English as in the template provided by USTH;
- Valid copies of degrees, certificates, transcripts of Bachelor and Master Levels. In case these papers are provided by a foreign university, the applicants should include the provisions to evaluate the study result of that university;
- Valid copies of the foreign language certificates as regulated;
- Applicant’s letter presenting his/her desire (motivation Letter);
- Most updated resume in English (CV) presenting clearly the study process and achievements, professional experience or those of student activities;
- Letters of scientific guidance acceptance from supervisors and co-supervisors;
- Letters of recommendation from two Vietnamese or foreign professors on the applicants’ professional capacity;
- Summary of the research topic (Maximum of 10 A4 pages)
- List of publications on National and International Magazines (if any)
- Awards, prizes (if any)
- Application to the USTH excellence Scholarship.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.