Last updated on February 27th, 2018 at 03:00 pm
Entries are currently been submitted for the PhD Research Fellowships for Developing & Emerging Countries in Switzerland 2018/2019
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland offers fellowship programme, open to outstanding young professors from universities from developing and emerging countries in Africa, Asia, or Latin America, pursuing advanced research in areas bridging the fields of international and development studies, broadly defined, and working in disciplines such as anthropology, history, law, politics and political science, and economics.
PhD Research Fellowship Programme for outstanding young professors from universities from developing and emerging countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America at The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland-2017 (Fall Semester)
International and development studies (anthropology, history, law, politics and political science, and economics)
- Candidates must hold a PhD and have a full time tenure-track or tenured position in an academic institution in Africa, Asia, or Latin America.
- Candidates should demonstrate how their research stay will contribute to their academic career and their home institution.
- Scholars will spend one semester at the Institute to :
- Update and strengthen the curriculum of their course ;
- Further a personal research project ;
- Participate in teaching courses ;
- Interact with the international community of the Institute and Geneva area.
- Scholars receive a contribution towards living expenses. The Institute will cover costs of travel and visas for participants as well accommodation costs;
- It will ensure a monthly stipend to compensate in the case of the loss of income* in the institution of origin and to cover subsistence costs in Geneva; upon presentation of a certificate
- Participants will be provided with a work space, and access to the Institute’s library and IT facilities.
Scholarship is open for candidates from developing and emerging countries including Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
To be taken at (country):
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
How to Apply
Application should include:
- A letter of motivation stating the reasons for the application, the preferred semester, the Institute’s discipline or area of expertise in which the candidate is interested, 2 courses the candidate would be interested to attend while at the Institute;
- A work plan detailing the proposed activities to be completed during the candidate’s time at the Institute (update of teaching curriculum, research project, etc.);
- A curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- Two letters of recommendation
Application must be sent preferably by e-mail at in-residence[at]graduateinstitute.ch (see link below)
we encourage that applicants should keep checking this site for updates on this program
Visit Scholarship Webpage
Sponsors: Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland