Offers are ongoing at the Unit for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen for PhD fellowship in Innovation Management. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution of higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Innovation Management within the faculty of science.
Scholarship Award: The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 309,109 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 42,699). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
Number of Scholarships: Two PhD positions are advertised to further develop the Unit for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management’s research on university-industry relations.
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Applicants should hold an MSc degree in social science, within economics, management, sociology, anthropology, or similar, with good results and good English skills (orally and written). Good Danish skills are an advantage but not a requirement. As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience. The ideal candidate will moreover have extensive experience with using qualitative research methods (e.g., case study research, ethnography, grounded theory, process research, interviews, observations, and data transcription), be familiar with the research context in natural science (SCIENCE type of environment), have good project management skills, be highly motivated and able to work independently, and have good social skills and the personality to actively engage (face-to-face and in written format) with SCIENCE staff and students as well as other relevant stakeholders.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should hold an MSc degree in social science, within economics, management, sociology, anthropology, or similar, with good results and good English skills (orally and written).
English language Requirements: Applicants must have good English skills (orally and written).
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Cover Letter, detailing (1) your motivation and relevant background for the position(s), (2) your documented experience with conducting qualitative research (e.g., case study or ethnography), and (3) other proven relevant skills (e.g., academic writing, project management) that will make you the ideal candidate for this position.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- 1-3 relevant publications, which may include Master thesis, Master thesis proposal, Bachelor thesis and/or other publication(s) in a relevant domain (please submit maximum 3 publications)
- Other information for consideration (if any)
- 1-3 letters of recommendation, including professional referees’ contact details, relation to the applicant, and motivation for the recommendation for this particular position.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is Tuesday March 15, 2017.