SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The PepsiCo Cesar Chavez Latino Scholarship Fund
The Education Fund has partnered with PepsiCo to offer the PepsiCo Cesar Chavez Latino Scholarship Fund. The scholarship fund is available to all undergraduate students of Latino descent who are beginning or continuing their studies at higher educational institutions in Arizona and California. The program is designed to supplement the students’ financial resources from family, government, and other sources.The Fund supports 10 scholarships at $5,000 per student annually and will continue to do so until 2021.The Fund will provide $300,000 in scholarship awards to qualified students.
The mission of the Education Fund of the Cesar Chavez Foundation is to improve the level of academic proficiency among farm workers, Latinos and other working families by providing educational opportunities that have never been within their reach.
- Applicant must be an incoming or continuing full-time undergraduate student at any education institution for the 2017- 2018 Academic Year. Applicant must be of Latino descent.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. The scholarship is available to U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, Undocumented, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA).
- The applicant may only receive the award Applicant’s immediate family members are not eligible for award within 12 calendar months (e.g. siblings, parents, or children).
How to Apply:
In order to apply, the applicants can download the application and student financial form, go through the given link:
- Application Form: http://chavezfoundation.org/uploads/2017-18_PepsoCo_Cesar_Chavez_Scholarship_Application.pdf
- Student Financial Form: http://chavezfoundation.org/uploads/Student_Financial_Supplement_Form_.pdf
- Two (2) Letters of recommendation
- Official sealed transcripts
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR)
- If you are financially dependent on your parents, submit a copy of the first two pages of your parent’s most recently filed IRS Form 1040. If they have not filed an IRS Form, submit a copy of their most recent W-2 forms, if available.
- If you are financially independent, provide a copy of the first two pages of your most recently filed IRS Form 1040. If you have not filed an IRS Form, submit a copy of your most recent W-2 form, if available.
The complete application and documentation must be postmarked and mailed to the following address as written:
PepsiCo Cesar Chavez Latino Scholarship Fund
Cesar Chavez Foundation, Leasing Office
1655 E. California Ave.
Bakersfield CA 93307
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Fund will provide $300,000 in scholarship awards to qualified Latino students in Arizona and California regardless of national origin or immigration status in an effort to promote their academic success.
- The Fund supports 10 scholarships at $5,000 per student annually and will continue to do so until 2021
- Scholarships are granted solely based on academic excellence, leadership in extra-curricular activities, commitment to volunteer service in the community and financial need
- PepsiCo Cesar Chavez Latino Scholarship Fund Recipients will be honored at the annual Si Se Puede Gala presented by the Cesar Chavez Foundation.
The application is due on May 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: