Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP)
University of Pennsylvania is thrilled to offer Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP) that provides opportunities for outstanding undergraduate and graduate students to intern abroad for eight to twelve weeks over the summer. These global opportunities allow students to apply the academic knowledge they have obtained, while enriching their overall Penn experience with diverse cultural and international exposure and valuable work experience. Students selected for an IIP internship will receive an award to offset the cost of round-trip travel from Philadelphia to the internship site and living expenses.
Penn is a leading institution for the range of countries represented, and cultures supported, on campus. Whether through study abroad, service learning, or innovative travel initiatives, international experience is an indispensable part of Penn.
- IIP is open to degree-seeking students, both domestic and international, at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Current Penn freshmen, sophomores, juniors and first-year graduate students are eligible.
- Students are not eligible to apply to a placement in their home country.
How to Apply:
The candidates must login themselves through the given link to be enter in Internship Program: https://pennabroad.terradotta.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Security.LoginWizardStepOne
- Personal Statement: includes short-answer questions.
- Cover Letter Uploads: You will be able to upload a cover letter for each of your top two internship choices. This letter should be addressed to your internship site and speak specifically about your qualifications for the internship.Tell us why you are the best candidate for the job. These cover letters will be shared with the host organizations.
- Letter of Recommendation: One recommendation from either a Penn professor who has graded you, or a professional reference of your choice. If you would like to have a graduate TA write a recommendation for you, the Professor for the class must complete the recommendation, but the TA can submit a letter of support.
- Resume: Include any paid work experience on your resume as well as the dates or hours worked (e.g. September 2011-August 2012, or 10 hours per week for one semester). Visit the Career Services website for resources on how to write a resume. Career services will be open over winter break, except for December 25-January 3.
- Transcript: After the application deadline, Penn Abroad will access your unofficial transcript with your GPA and the courses you’re currently enrolled in listed. If you have any questions about this, contact Penn Abroad.
- Placement Preference Questionnaire
- IIP Application Questionnaire: Asks for basic background information and language ability.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Students selected for an IIP internship will receive an award to offset the cost of round-trip travel from Philadelphia to the internship site and living expenses.
- Each intern will receive an award to offset their internship-related expenses, including flight, visa expenses, housing and food, funded by the University of Pennsylvania. This award is not meant to cover your entire internship experience.
The deadline for the summer applications is January annually
Link for More Information: